URGENT - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
Eastern Sierra Avalanche Center
Relayed by National Weather Service Reno NV
445 AM PST Sun Dec 26 2021
The following message is transmitted at the request of the Eastern
Sierra Avalanche Center.
The Eastern Sierra Avalanche Center in Mammoth Lakes has issued a
BACKCOUNTRY AVALANCHE WARNING for the following areas:
NWS Las Vegas NV - CA-519 (Eastern Sierra in Inyo County) NWS
Reno NV - CA-073 (Eastern Sierra in Mono County)
* WHAT...Widespread High Avalanche danger will thru at least
* WHERE...The eastern slopes of the Sierra Nevada mountain range
between Virginia Lakes on the north to Bishop Creek on the
* WHEN...In effect from Sun 04:15 PST to Mon 18:00 PST.
* IMPACTS...Recent heavy snow combined with wind will likely
create widespread areas of unstable snow.
* PRECAUTIONARY / PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...Very dangerous avalanche
conditions exist. Heavy snowfall combined with strong to
extreme winds and a weak underlying snowpack will likely create
widespread areas of unstable snow. Avalanches may run long
distances and can run into lower angle terrain typically thought
of as safe. Travel in, near, or below avalanche terrain is not
Consult http://www.esavalanche.org/ or www.avalanche.org for more
Similar avalanche danger may exist at locations outside the
coverage area of this or any avalanche center.